Monday, November 14, 2011

Now available at Smashwords.


Does your wife really love you? Love you enough to do what you ask? Love you enough to violate her faith in the sanctity of marriage? And do you love her enough to allow her? This is the second Anthology of those Wives we dream about. 
-----------------------------------

He would be home any minute from a hard day of work.  I have been preparing all day for the moment he walked through the door.  First, there was the feast waiting on the table for his pleasure.  Then there would be dessert after his being refreshed in his master bath.  Today was his birthday, he would be just forty-two years old.  We have been together for the past ten years as husband and wife.  I loved my Jeff and he was my Jeff make no mistake about that.  Upstairs I powered my nose and prepared myself for the man I adored to come home.

* * * *

I slowly drove down our street waiting for the kids to get out of the way, as they played softball.  Smiling, I waved at them as they waved back shouting for me to hurry out of their way.  I gunned the car a little and turned into our driveway.  I didn't pull the car all the way back as tonight, I thought we might go out to dinner, because today is my birthday. 

"Honey, I'm home," I called, as I stepped in the back door.

"Just a minute," I heard a voice say from somewhere back in the house.

As I climbed the three steps into the kitchen from the back entryway, I spotted who I thought was my sister-in-law standing by the table.  Julie, if it was she, is my wife's sister and stood waiting for me in the most outrageous costume I had ever seen.  How my darling Shannon had gotten her to dress this way was beyond me.  She had this little skimpy French maids outfit on, fishnet stocking with a seam up the back, garter belt, six-inch stiletto CFM heels and a little white doily hat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment